ads

Monday, March 30, 2009

Russian macrame Curtain old style - new look

I came to USA in 2005 from Moscow, Russia. I've been doing macrame as my hobby since I was 5 years old. I start with small macrame placemats, then I start making plant hangers and at the age of 10 I was making those huge macrame curtains. (Believe me, when you are 10 years old and need to make one macrame curtain - yes they looks huge))

After I came to Seattle in 2005 I start learning what kind of threads you have and you have a lot. Here I start with plant hangers, I did make some of placemats, I made my own macrame wine rack. And of course Russian macrame curtain.

Now I'm more in to jewelry, but still accepting custom orders on macrame curtains. I found that I'm more enjoying making macrame jewelry using natural gemstones.

And for those who were asking me how I made these Russian style macrame curtain– I now have some photos. It takes about 2-3 days to make one – if no kids around. You can see me in process. I was lucky with this creation in Russia – and I need some extra luck with this one in USA .

We sold 2 of this. One was a black Celtic style. And the other white as I catch it on photos. So if you are on the market for something WOOW – nobody have – you can place your custom order direct messaging me at RitaSunderland.com
And now take a look at photos – and feel free to post your comment !

or ORDER HERE
macrame curtain макраме штора




11 comments:

Kim Caro said...

wow that is pretty awesome :)

MyWayToSay said...

thank you :)!

Robin said...

Привет, это я снова:).
Шторы из макраме очень оригинально, я вот ни у кого из знакомых не припоминаю.
Наверно руки быстро устают -на весу плести всё время?
А ты не пробовала вплетать бусины в макраме, н-р какие-нить деревянные?
Удачи в продажах!
Рит, ты вчера зашла *в гости* не туда:)), и я увидела оставила коммент к посту другой девушки, которую я догадываюсь ты приняла за меня:))
мой блог если захочешь заглянуть здесь
http://robin-mycreative.blogspot.com/

а на том блоге я просто иногда вышиваю вместе с девочками, но это не мой блог.Ирина

MyWayToSay said...

Спасибо Иринка:) Да видать не туда меня занесло :) мы построили квартиру помоему в 1996 году на продажу штор :) Так что хочу попробовать и тут :) Уж очень домик хочется.. :) Бусины вплетала в кастом :) надо будет фотки поискать и выложить сюда - штора была черная с зелеными деревянными бусинами :)
Блог твой записала :)

Cathe Holden said...

That is amazing!!! Thank you for sharing the photos of the project in process. So beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhh,...so pretty. I love macrame. I crochet but the macramet scares me...kudos!

Angela said...

Wow! Very talented!

vintage pendants said...

Nice work! I would like to have the same in my flat. I wish I can do such beauty by myself. Very interesting what are the prices and the colors you can do them. Do you work on personal orders?

MyWayToSay said...

Sorry it takes a lot time to answer - but yes I do customer orders and the price starts from $450 and UP (all depends on the material)

Al Nelson said...

You creat a beautiful product. We would like to invite you to place this article on our blog at www.oldeworldelace.com/wordpress. Our readers would like to see your curtains and you might get some sales from it.
We have just started the blog and it is fun to do.

Al Nelson
www.oldeworldelace.com

MyWayToSay said...

Thank you Al Nelson) sorry it took me too long to answer :) I e-mailed to you ... I was working on my new site http://ritasunderland.com ) and didn't pay attentions on comments here ^(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...