Saturday, October 23, 2010
Friday, October 22, 2010
Thursday, October 21, 2010
Thursday, October 14, 2010
I’d like to share with you my first try of the new application powered by Etsy On Sale. After reading some threads on ETSY forum I decided to try and see how it will work for me. If you haven’t heard about this new feature – CLICK here to find more information.
2. Before putting all shop items on sale I decided to make a first try with only several items – I stopped with 12. I created new section in my Etsy shop Last chance and put everything I want to put on sale there.
3. After pre-work in my Etsy shop has been done – I went back to Etsy on sale and Scheduled my first sale. I was running it October 13-th from 12am till October 14-th 12Am – so 24 hours.
4. The day before I start tracking how many items on Sale were in my section Jewelry. On the 12-th it was 9772 items .. when I start it was 9 934 and during the day it was 10 644 and 10 548. (well it’s well known fact that it’s too many jewelry on Etsy)
1. During my scheduled sale I was visiting Jewelry section and I saw my items (only 2 of them) – and only 2 times.
2. I got feeling that I never gone through all 10 000 items – after 10-11 scrolls items start repeating … I start seeing the same items again and again
3. There is no Search options so it’s hard to find things you might want to buy. It’s like more than window shopping .
4. I didn’t promote this sale and result is 0
5. After looking at my GA for the sale period of time – no one visit from Etsyonsale came to my Etsy shop.
What I’m going to try to do with the next Sale ?!
I set my next sale on weekend and I’ll try to make some FACEBOOK , Twitter, and Forum promotions. I’m going to put all my 76 items for sale and we’ll see the result.
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Shopping on ETSY
FineEmbroidery shop has been featured on one of the blogs I’m following, please read the FineEmbrobery interview. Today I am happy to show you my latest purchase on Etsy and am reviewing this item for you.
The item I purchased is a doorknob hanger embroidered with Chinese Feng Shui symbols and it is used as a money magnet. I absolutely love it! I made my purchase on September 30th, good follow up by the seller as I got a message when my order was shipped along with the tracking number. By the 4-th of October it was at my door and I was holding it in my hands.
So Score for shipping 10 out of 10!
Next big point, packaging; I got it not in the usual Ziploc bag as I normally receive many of my purchases from Etsy. It was in very nice handmade box with a bowl and lovely hand written note.
So score for the packaging 10 out of 10.
Now the Hanger and how it’s made!
The door knob hanger very well done, made from olive color polyester sewn into a pillow with gold metallic embroidery. It is stuffed with poly fill and sewn to a metallic chord for hanging. I am not very good at reading descriptions; I am more the impulsive buyer. From the picture I thought it would be a bit smaller but the size is just right. One more thing, I love the cute bead sewn at the bottom of this doorknob hanger.
So the score for description 10 out of 10 (PS I only got 5 out of 10 on the fact that I need learn to read and not just buy stuff)
- Money well spent
- Got great ideas for the Christmas gifts to my family.
- Totally will be back for more purchases from this seller.