ads

Monday, June 29, 2009

Gay pride parade 2009 in Seattle





















Well I never expected this to happen on my 4th anniversary of arriving in USA, I celebrated with family and friends at Seattle’s gay pride parade. If somebody had told me about this show several years ago, I would have told “NEVER will I go there! ” So life is constantly changing and you never know what you will do in the future.
We got a spot in the shade and after the first hour we were cold, but we never thought to go home.
It was the first parade which was so long for me; it was from 11 till 2 pm … Can you guess how many people were there? We saw clowns (not sad or happy, more the freaky kinky type) we saw fun floats and lots of companies who offered support to the community. OK there were a few nude people and some kink too, but mostly what we saw were people letting their hair down and have fun in the sun!
Coming from another country I was not prepared for what I saw, but I found myself simply caught up in the fun. Plus watching our daughter and friends dancing and laughing was just contagious and inspiring, more than I expected and a great time was had by all. My husband took some great photos while we cut loose, so here are a few to share a great day with you!

7 comments:

Beth Howard said...

That looks like awesomely good fun!!

MyWayToSay said...

Thank you )) yes It was Fun :) I'll go there again :)!

TheFrogBag said...

Great photos! Looks like fun!

Almay Alday said...

Pride Parades are so much fun to watch! Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

Irina's photography and beyond said...

Cool! I missed Gay parade in SF-((

RhiannonSTR said...

Looks like fun! I can't believe that was your first parade - how funny!

Jennifer Suarez said...

Rita ~
I sent you a convo through etsy, but I wanted to leave you a message here as well in case you don't see it there.

The winner of the jade earring giveaway contacted me and said she did not recieve her earrings. Please contact me at ladybug_3777(at)yahoo(dot)come and let me know what is going on. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...